Tomorrow is my first day as a Business Development Manager at New World Systems. It's very similar to the job I left at Sentry Insurance in Wisconsin, only it pays better (hooray!!) and it's a MUCH shorter commute (no Beltline traffic - yippee!!) I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning about new products, but I can't help feeling just a little blue tonight; although the last 3 months have been stressful and have brought so much change and uncertainty, it's been a real adventure and I've really enjoyed the free time I've been able to spend with Finnegan, Marty, my mom, my mother-in-law and our new friends here in MI.
Well, I have a big day tomorrow, and probably won't sleep very well (I never do before my first day at a new job!) so I better get to bed. As I settle in to sleep tonight, I'm feeling very thankful for the love and support of my family and friends, and optimistic for what the future holds. And I am also blown away by how true the cliche 'life is short' really is - I cannot believe it is already March 2010! It feels like it was only a few weeks ago that we were packing up and preparing to move. Now it's March and I'm starting a new job in Michigan... yikes! Moving forward, I'm going to make a conscious effort to enjoy each moment as it's happening, and try to stop looking so far into the future (which is very hard for a planner like me!). But I'm learning that life really does go by fast, and I want to take it all in and enjoy every minute of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment