Monday, December 12, 2011

A week with my mom

It's been a crazy month or so since I last posted to this blog, and I have a lot of updates to catch up on.  But for now, I wanted to post a quick note about the last 5 days, which I spent at home in Michigan, with my mom visiting while Marty was in Phoenix for work meetings.  Words cannot describe how much I needed this visit with my mom.  Natalie and I had both been sick since Thanksgiving (Natalie's first cold was brutal).  On top of being sick, she's also getting her two upper front teeth, and then she had her 6 month shots.  She hadn't been sleeping - which means neither had I.  And I was long over-due for some serious one-on-one time with my mom.  This visit was just what the doctor ordered.

We did a lot of relaxing, which was a first for us, because usually when she visits we work our butts off on major home improvement or landscaping projects.  We went out for lunch, spent a lot of time playing with Natalie, and Marty and I even got to enjoy a date night out when he got home from Phoenix.  And it wouldn't be a visit with my mom without a few home improvement projects, which included cleaning out the garage & painting/redecorating my family room.

Overall, it was one of the best weeks ever.  I can't even begin to explain what this week meant to me - or what my mom means to me.  She is amazing.  She is my inspiration for how to be a loving, supportive, patient, successful wife and mother.  She has set the bar so high, and I turn to her for advice and support on almost a daily basis.  She is a voice of reason and reassurance when I'm frustrated, uncertain and just plain exhausted.  I would be so lost without her.  I am so lucky to call her my mom and my best friend.  And this morning I am missing her terribly :(  Saying goodbye and watching her drive away yesterday sucked.  And now I'm counting down until Natalie and I get to see her (and Heather!) again in January.

Poppy gave me the antique buggy that I used to play with at his house





Santa Baby!
we attempted Christmas card photos

"gimme"

grandma Kristie got Natalie some boots w/ bling :)

new outfit from Grandma Kristie


Santa Baby

Murphy doing some reflecting during our family room makeover project

her first attempt at climbing the step! 

getting ready to go for a walk with Grandma

best buddies

gooooood morning!

nom nom nom

opening her first Christmas gift of the season (from Greg, Sue Dylan & Jason)

date night!



No comments:

Post a Comment