Monday, January 25, 2010

Auto Show

After a long week of basement renovations in Buffalo, it was nice to spend the weekend at home with Marty and Finnegan.  We've been so busy lately, and haven't really had a chance to explore the area.  So we dropped Finnegan off at doggy daycare (which he LOVES!) on Sunday, and then headed to the North American International Auto Show at the Cobo Exhibition Center downtown Detroit.  I went to an auto show in Chicago when I was a little girl, and I remember everything looking so bright and shiny and futuristic; it felt the same way as an adult!
It was very cool to see some of the new 2011 models, as well as the Prototype cars of the future.  I was very excited to take pictures at the auto show so that I could share them with my dad, but as my luck would have it, my camera battery died after snapping only two pictures...of the FORD exhibit :-(
The 2010 Mustang has come cool new features, including a smart key system, 
which gives parents control of things like maximum radio volume and speed when their kids are driving!!

The new Ford Focus was surprisingly cool & I loved the color  
(Uh Oh...I like a station wagon...what is happening to me?!)

I was SO annoyed, but decided that snapping some shots with my phone would just have to do...
a funky GMC prototype

The ultimate tailgating truck, complete with built-in TV, keg, and a gigantic pot for boiling brats!

The Ferrari and Maserati exhibits were very swanky

This Chrysler 300 was signed by celebrities at the 2010 Golden Globes to benefit Haiti Earthquake relief efforts

My next new car: the Audi Q7 :-)

There were so many cool cars, but my phone's camera just doesn't do them justice :-(

After the Auto Show we headed back to Birmingham to do some exploring and grab a late brunch at our favorite new restaurant, Toast.  This funky downtown bar & restaurant has secured a spot on our top 5 places to eat in our new neighborhood.  Their breakfast burrito is AMAZING and I can't wait to try their Grand Marnier French Toast, made with cinnamon Challah bread and toasted almonds...yummmmy!!  :-)

My mom is coming to visit on Wednesday with a truckload of our belongings from Wisconsin; I am SO excited to see her ...and to finally have some of our stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment